Terms & Conditions
Our general rule for cancellation prior to arrival is:
- less than 7 days – forfeit full deposit
- from 7 to 28 days – forfeit 50% of deposit
- more than 28 days – forfeit 15% of deposit
- no show - forfeit 100% of monies received.
Cancellation policy for December School Holidays:
- There will be no refunds for cancellations of bookings which dates fall during the December school holidays.
- Please note that the deposit paid is non-refundable & non-transferable.
- No refunds or transfers will be considered for late arrivals or early departures.
- During the holiday period, full payment is expected prior to arrival / or at the very latest upon check-in. No keys will be handed over until this process is complete, so please come prepared.
- Should the reservation not be taken up on the arrival date the accommodation will be held until 09:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and all monies paid will be forfeited.
- Please be sure of your holiday plans before you make the booking or pay your deposit.
- In the event of the agreed payment not received by the stipulated date on the confirmation letter, Moon Shine Management shall be at liberty to release the reservation without notice to you.
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Cash and EFT payments.
- No cheques accepted
Please check in between 14h00 & 18h30 unless prior arrangements have been made.
Check out time:
Please check out by 10h00 unless prior arrangements have been made.
Guests wanting to check in after 18h30 should advise us what time they intend to arrive otherwise we may consider it a no-show
- Moon Shine Management reserves the right of admission.
It should be noted that we do not accommodate Matric Students visiting Plett for the Matric Rage at the end of November / beginning December every year.
- No more than the specified number of paying guests may occupy the cabin.
- Please note that overcrowding of cabins will not be permitted and the maximum occupancy as reflected in the confirmation letter includes children of all ages.
The price quoted and agreed upon at the time of reservation is fixed and will not be affected by any subsequent special offers. Special offers usually carry restrictions and conditions, and apply to special circumstances.
- No pets allowed.
- Accommodation is subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis.
- For short stays, i.e. less than 3 nights, Moon Shine Management may for practical reasons if deemed necessary, be required to change the location of the Guests unit and reserves the right to assign a different unit without prior notice. Any difference in monies owed will be made good by Moon Shine Management.
- Articles of display, equipment or guest property brought on to the resort premises are not covered by the resort or Moon Shine insurance policy and are brought onto the resort premises at the sole risk of the guest.
- Although Moon Shine Management endeavours to take the utmost care at all times, it does not accept liability for loss of and/or damage to such items and/or property.
- Moon Shine Management reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damages or destruction of the allocated units by fire, floods or other causes.
Guests will be held responsible for any damage or loss caused to our property by your acts or omissions, default, accident or neglect. By booking with us you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand an amount reasonably required to make good or to rectify such damage or loss caused by you. Normal wear and tear are excluded.
Guests agree on behalf of themselves and the members of their parties that neither the establishment, its owners, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the guesthouse.
Moon Shine Management reserves the right to cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable or deemed unsuitable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- Smoking inside the cabins is prohibited, by law actually.
These terms are non-negotiable and receipt of a pre-payment or a deposit assumes your unconditional acceptance of these terms.