Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve
A mere 20 minute drive from Moon Shine lies the Southern Cape’s biggest park, Plett Game Reserve. The reserve is situated on over 2000 hectares of mostly indigenous beauty and is malaria free. There are over 150 different species of game and bird life. Choose between a horseback safari to interact closely with the wildlife, or simply relax and enjoy a 2 hour game drive in an open land rover with an experienced and well-informed guide.
You can hope to see:
African Elephant, Hippo, Gemsbok, Giraffe, Baboons, Buffalo, Blue Wildebeest and Golden Wildebeest, Bontebok, Bushpig, Cape Grysbok, Caracal, Crocodile, Eland, Honey Badger, Impala, Kudu, Leopard, Mountain Reedbuck, Nyala and Red Hartebeest.
What we loved:
- Our Guide was very knowledgeable over a wide range of topics.
- We got to see most of the animals at close range.
- Due to the size of the park it is not at all zoo like.
- The animals were in superb condition.
- Great photo opportunities.